FLYING HOPES

Saturday, September 23, 2006

MYSELF and THE OTHER "ME"

In one of her posts, Fiza has written this--
"We all have two minds- one which speaks favouring the situation and the other speaks the truth and a bit philosophical too..."

It happens with me all the time..some part of me wants to do some thing and the other part wants some thing other------

I want to learn and do so many things in life.... but 'the other me' is just happy to be dumb, wants to pass on the 'growth' to my daughters and watch them grow!

When I see little kids on the road with no clothes I feel the guilt of having so many clothes.....but the 'the other me' wants all different clothes for all diffrent occasions!

When I see or hear about malnutrition of poor kids,I feel the guilt of having all sort of eatables in the kitchen ,some of which I haven't used for months.....but 'the other me' wants to eat all the tasty food!

I want to celebrate festivals with the underprivilegd people to make them feel good atleast for one day....but 'the other me' wants to celebrate every festival ignoring sufferings of others!

so the struggle continues........fighting with each other both "myself" and "me" are living in the same body and life is going on like this.......

Do you have 'the other yourself' in You??

8 Comments:

  • Well I believe everyone has an other self in him/herself.
    Its a shame that we dont give the other one a chance, the other which does not go with the general society behaviour.
    Its really hard to stand up and head in the direction opposite to where all are going. In my opinion its an act of cowardice and I am myself a coward.
    I see those kids on streets naked and hungry and crying and begging. I feel pity I feel sorrow for them but what do I do? Nothing. I just look at them from the window of my bus, look at them shamelessly and do nothing.
    I recently watched a movie "Lage raho munnabhai" and at the end of the day asked myself does our country has come to this that we require movies like this to feel something toward our country and countrymen. Even that feeling is lost after the 3 hours are over. With some it may be 6-8 or 10 hours but it fades away.
    I say to myself have strength and your step toward them.
    Its only this one step that will propell you but the courage to take this one litlle step is missing. We always want someone to take that first step and then just follow.
    I pray, not to god but to myself, please dont wait. Be the one who takes the first but that day is yet to come when I answer my own prayer.

    By Blogger Schaan, at 23 September, 2006  

  • I think everyone has these two minds/thoughts. And most of the times we know when we are really guilty. But I think we can make up for it by donating our used clothes, food or time to help needy.

    By Blogger Mumbai Guy, at 23 September, 2006  

  • i think there are three sides to everything-
    my side, his side and the truth
    the same rule applies to ur thoughts!

    By Blogger ketki, at 23 September, 2006  

  • ya, as ketki saidthere are three sides, one which wants to help the needy. second which just wants to fullfil only selfdom.the third one which runs away to avoid being thrusted with resposibility either of his people or by the country.

    By Blogger Nabeel, at 24 September, 2006  

  • It's very gratifying if you can give the 'other' a chance but it's too idealistic to expect it to happen all the time. A pinch of hedonism is acceptable, isn't it? Well,what's 'acceptable'again, is very subjective.

    By Blogger chutki, at 25 September, 2006  

  • "every part of life is just about striking a just balance.... "
    - urs truly ;)

    By Blogger Ashish Gupta, at 26 September, 2006  

  • Yes Rachana, I do have the two sides inside me and I think each one of us has two sides. The personality depends on the dominant side.

    By Blogger White Square, at 26 September, 2006  

  • @ siddharth,, nice thoughts..thanks for sharing them here..
    @ mumbai guy,, i try to do that..thanks.
    @ketki,,hey two are enough!! Third is too much!!
    @nabeel,, as I said to ketki (on a lighter note!!) may be 3 sides..
    @ hi chutaki,,v philosophycasl coment!! thank you so much..
    @ ashish,, yes i am trying...
    @ abhay,, thank you..hope to see more of your wise words here..

    By Blogger rachana, at 26 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home