FLYING HOPES

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Only truth of life………
This is my third post on death in a row,, I am sorry but that’s the kind of mindset I am in.. I tried to think different things but I can’t so I decided to write and let the things come out of my mind for once.
Only truth of life is death,, isn’t it ??
With the 13 days rituals after death of my cousin every one else will be back to their lives but life will be tough for a retired father who has lost his only son. He has to deal with ---
-the expressive face of his son, who will be smiling at him from nicely framed photo, hanging in the drawing room with a garland…
-the queries of his little grand-daughter
-the lifeless mother (his own wife)..
-the young daughter-in-law who is expecting her second child and living life with a vacuum….
This all reminded me the trauma of my family between Dec 96 to May 98 (17 months).there were three deaths. My brother-in-law(jijaji), my grandma and my father.
They died of three very different deaths.
In Dec 96 my brother-in-law died. He had met with an accident in 93 and was in coma for three and half years. My didi struggled in that phase with her two little kids, going from one hospital to another and having life in bits… in Indore ,Mumbai,Nagpur and…….Doctors advised her to forget about the brain dead husband and go on with her life, but it was not easy at all as he was helpless but his eyes were full of life and lungs were still breathing.

After 15 days my grandma died. Her’s was a natural death, as no one lives forever. She had lived her life to the fullest. At the age of 92, she was in full conscious till her last breath. Every son, daughter-in-law, daughter and many grand children were there with her. In the cold of Dec she wanted to take her last breath on the floor, Geeta shlokas were being read and she nodded in yes when asked if she could hear the chants. She took her last breath with ‘OM’.
Then one and half years later my father died. He had a heart failure and died of a peaceful and silent death with no screams at all (my mother who was just a few feet away couldn’t listen anything) while offering his daily puja…loosing him was too much for us..
Life is a mystery. We plan our life and work hard but it all makes of 95% of success, the other 5% is our fate which is the deciding factor. It can spoil other 95% if not in our favour.
Time moves on shamelessly and we have to move too, to cope up with it!!!

3 Comments:

  • Rachana

    I don't know what can be said in a moment like this!

    I do believe that we move on in life with all the people.. happiness ..sorrows ..success ..losses and failure. But one thing that changes and overwhelms all of the above is death!

    I truly feel sorry for your losses. And I hope you recover from this very soon. But I must say that its quite amazing to see people from total different and unknown corners coming together and sharing their experiences (good or bad) like this which, to an extent, makes it easier to deal with such an emotional trauma!

    By Blogger Gina Kale, at 18 May, 2006  

  • Life has a lot many more truths!!!
    Birth is also one of them.
    When times are gloomy we only think about things which sadden us
    You are fogetting how happy people are when there son or daughter is born.
    Mind goes in the directions we take it to.
    ak

    By Blogger anon_iitian, at 21 May, 2006  

  • @hi gina,,thanks for kind words..
    @welocme back! and now my mind is back on the track of life..but when i wrotet all that i was able to think that way only..

    By Blogger rachana, at 22 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home